We attract the finest physicians and employees.
We are a medical facility that brings a leading-edge healthcare destination, tailored to the needs of our patients and their caregivers. The facility offers a best-practices environment that enables our medical teams to do their best work, and improve patient outcomes.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide professional and compassionate nursing care to patients by following established standards and practices, promoting and restoring patients’ health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Preparing equipment and ensuring examination rooms are clean and stocked with required supplies and materials.
- Identifying patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements
- Aiding physician as required during treatment, examination, emergencies and surgical procedures
- Ensuring Triage is well stocked with emergency tray and drugs are within expiry dates.
- Participate actively in periodic stock take exercise to ensure minimal stock losses
- Take active role in co-coordinating appointments for specialist referrals, x-rays, lab testing, etc. and conveying pertinent instructions and information to the patient
- Diploma in nursing from accredited and recognized medical college.
- Should be registered by Kenya Nursing Council, preferably KRCHN.
- Minimum 1-year post qualification experience including attachment/internship.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of professional practice to give and evaluate patient care.
- Ability to use good reasoning and judgement and to react calmly in emergency situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, coworkers and the public.
- Ability to work under stress and for extended hours.
The work environment is normal environment in a health care facility. The job holder is exposed to common nurse health and safety risks of a Medical care facility.
Click here to get a copy the job requirements.
All Applicants must submit curriculum vitae, and a cover letter submitted by email to email@example.com with the Position as the Subject not later than 29th May 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Savannah Healthcare Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.